Tuesday, October 13, 2009

To Sanbao and beyond 10/11/09

Today's adventure involved a long bike ride to a neighboring village of Sanbao.  Zhong (Chinese friend), Kurt (my roommate from Minnesota), Charles (professor from Norway), and myself took a 20 mile round trip bike ride to the Sanbao village and beyond.  In Sanbao there are these massive pounding machines that are used to crush up stones, especially kaolin stone, which allows for the making of porcelain.  
We rode through Sanbao and followed the old country road until we came to a most beautiful valley, where we frolicked and were awed by the scenery, and vast space.  On the ride home I got a flat tire and rode the last 4 miles on the rim, it made a lot of noise.  I was laughing the whole time because people were giving me the funniest looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment