Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mountain Climbing 10/24/09

My friend Dan and I had a wonderful adventure this morning.  The city is surrounded by really beautiful mountains, and this morning Dan knocked on my door to see if I would like to try to climb one (walk up).  
Finding a suitable path was a path in itself, but we finally managed to come across a doable way and so we hiked on up, it was really beautiful.  When we got to the top the view of the city, and surrounding mountains was breath taking.  The fact that my camera ran out of battery power before we got to the top made it all the better.  Dan taught me an Iroquois thanks giving prayer, and so we gave thanks to creation for creation.  We then stood around on the mountain top philosophizing and being thankful.

The afternoon was all studio.  Some new projects are in the works which I am excited about.  We have started firing so I will hopefully have some work to show soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment