Thursday, November 5, 2009

Vessel Factory 11/05/09



I have been being a bit lazy about my studio time the last few days.  We had some cold weather, but both yesterday and today were sunny, sunny, warm, warm and I played outside a lot during both of them.  Hopefully this weekend I can get my studio hat back on.  

I went for a long bike ride while looking for a section of the city were a lot of pots are made, and I found it.  I have talked a lot about a place dubbed the "Sculpture Factory," now I will be able to talk about the "Vessel Factory."  The vessel factory is just as amazing, there are tons of talented people making amazingly beautiful things in these old warehouse factory settings, the juxtaposition of these two elements makes walking around the place surreal.

The other photos are of a homemade electric kiln, a long day of work, and quite the porcelain shard pile.


No comments:

Post a Comment