Thursday, November 26, 2009

Ceramics oh my 11/19/09

Here are some photos that I think are really interesting.

The first is a blacksmith here in the city.  His shop is located on main road which is so contrasting with the rest of the "modern" stores around his.  I stopped on the sidewalk and shot this photo.

Photo number two is from a gallery we visited today.  The craftsmanship of most of the pots here in Jingdezhen is unbelievable.  This work here was no different.

I found a man who makes overglaze stamps out of pieces of foam.  He works out of his bedroom at this untidy little desk, and he charges so little for the stamps that I could hardly believe it.

My buddy Aaron and I found these antique shops.  They were really cool because they had so much stuff jammed into such a small space.

No comments:

Post a Comment