Thursday, October 22, 2009

Symposium 10/19/09

 
Right now in Jingdezehn there is an international symposium happening this week.  During the day visitors from all over the globe have been coming into the studio to check it out.  
During this time I was sure to check out of the studio.  I went to a few galleries and bummed around the city for a bit on my bike, which is always fun and exciting (the bike repair man and I are becoming increasingly good friends, due to the fact that my bike seems to be slowly falling to pieces).
In the evening I attended a lecture given by a Norwegian artist on the art of design, and the design of craft.  This was easily the most informative, and humorous lecture I have ever attended ( as you can see not everyone was as excited as I was).  I left the auditorium buzzing with excitement and possibility.  The information shed light on concepts that I have been thinking of for a while, but unable to articulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment