Thursday, October 1, 2009

Around town 10/24/09


When I am not in the studio I have been trying to get to know the city.  I made the greatest purchase of my life since I have been here - A chinese horse.  Actually it is a bike.  The price was 90 yaun (14 dollars).  The bike is so sweet, it has a front basket for carrying things, and a back rack for items, or passengers, a seat with springs, and wheel fenders.  The only downside is the brakes do not really work, but you can not have everything.

The city is really cool because it used to be the center of Chinese ceramics, and the pots still have a large influence on what happens here.  There are glaze shops, decal shops, clay shops, and tons and tons of shops that sell pottery.  While walking the streets you see people moving pottery on these old school carts all of the time  




No comments:

Post a Comment